Sunday, February 15, 2009

Duality

©

Caught between the worlds
never really knowing
what is on either side
treading, lightly balancing
loving into the night
and having it shattered
by the cruel light of day

Some dreams are softly spoken
Others, nightmares running rampant
constant struggles
one with the other

and which is real?

never really knowing

what goes on inside of either world

The night's calming sighs
caress the soul as it aches
igniting the heart with faith
The day is full with reality

While balancing the two
seems almost impossible to do

I dream the nights away

and they overflow into days

The day is beautiful
as the Spring draws nearer
displaying life more evident
as the flowers begin to bloom

It touches my heart in a way
that causes me to believe
in the beauty of the world
filling me with ample gratitude
full with the gift

I cannot ignore

and yet
The night brings passion
causing me to hunger

And I am caught in between
never really knowing
what goes on in either world

Who was once a love
may not seem to be
as the light of day shines

and yet
Who was not known as love
may appear within the day's light
from a common place
the night before

Duality of nature
comes knocking at my door

and will continue to knock

until I answer

However vague it seems
Faith does get me through
what passion motivates me to do

And oh, I am

so very grateful




0 comments: