Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Magic Lost and We Will Know (2008)

©

Hollow is the night as breezes sigh

and a cold, intently laid void fills the air.

The magic that is lost is deafeningly sad.

Reaching into darkness toward a light,

I see a faint resemblance-deja vu;

Unknown mysteries lie waiting until

I work a depth of love anew.

A love subdued in present day's unrest

may never grow to soothe the savage breast.

As all else seems to fall beneath the sword,

a word in kind, never mentioned,

could offer solace to one who needs it most.

Frigid silence, a desolate wilderness,

is vastly heavy through a struggling breath.

A beating heart strains to nurture

what becomes a dying thought.

What was once a gift becomes a curse

when the loved refuse to heal at times of doubt.

Sleeping, who are fortunate to see,

may finally awaken within their dream.

***


Dramatic is the sound
that moves me in deep
and quiet thought; peaceful
is the music within the
music of the spirit, in the
quiet of the mind. Inspiration
never runs dry as it is
as abundant as a river
flooding my thoughts
cleansing my heart when I
quietly feel my thoughts
of loving. Imaginary love,
warmth carresses me
as I see you laid out in
front of me; your love is an
ocean of currents pulling me,
allowing me to flow with the
rhythms of the phases of your
heart. Your eyes are the hope
of dreams I have yet to
dream; your lips are the
only nourishment that I lack
in my hours which are endless
without you. And now, how hope
is rejuvenated through the promise
of the beauty of
the colors of your soul.
And when you are made known
I will recognize you
as you will light my heart,
setting my soul on fire.
Loves gone by will
not measure to the
love I do feel for
the promise of you.
We will know, as
time grows near; we
will recognize the
familiarity of each other
as one comforts the other;
we will know...

0 comments: